We collected these 24 fitness tips from interviews, shows and quotes so you can get Jackie Warner’s advice all in one place…
1. Eat low glycemic, low refined sugar meals.
2. Her motto – “Everything done in moderation.”
3. Every weekend is a cheat weekend. But Mon-Fri be strict with your nutrition.
4. Have a protein shake for breakfast.
5. Be careful of high sugar content in canned foods
6. Flavor foods naturally
7. Fresh salsa is one of the best low fat food flavorings
8. Don’t skip meals. It puts your body into a starvation mode and increases the chances that more of the calories from your next meal will be stored as fat.
9. Don’t drink diet soda – it can trigger a craving for carbohydrates.
10. If you are eating out, start with the vegetable portion of your meal, then move to meat, then finally the starches.
11. Eat “The Good”, “The Bad”, then “The Ugly” foods. The trick is to make yourself full on the GOOD foods so you will eat less of the UGLY foods.
On Abdominal Exercises
12. “Crunches are a waste of time”
13. Lifting weights with exercises that target the big muscle groups (chest, back, legs & butt) is the way to get better abs.
14. The only way to truly get shredded is to have a pretty balanced diet with a nice balance of cardio, but most importantly, weight lifting.
On Working Out…
15. Cardio is over-rated – resistance training your big muscle groups is what speeds metabolism.
16. If you can’t afford a personal trainer, educate yourself on fitness. Buy a fitness magazine or book.
17. The plyometric jump squat and lunges are great for your butt.
18. Fitness is about the “Three F’s” of Function, Form & Fatigue. It’s about performing the right function back-to-back with perfect form to complete fatigue.
19. For great shoulders and armsâ€¦ Do the push-up/punch combo. Start by doing as many push-ups in a row as you can. Then stand up, grab a couple of soup cans and punch one arm out, then the other, for one minute.
20. It’s not about how much time you spend in the gym. It’s about getting the most bang for your buck.
21. Swimming is great total body exercise.
22. Simplicity is key. Do not over-think your fitness routine or your diet.
On Health Insurance…
23. Less medication, more motivation.
24. High intensity training can lessen the need for sleep aids and anti-depressant medications.